What Is The Goal?
Syria : Colonization Redux
This week's ‘Economist’, the
magazine of the hard right that
has always made a display of making neocon political tribalism sound like intelligent gobbledygook, does it again with provocation on the front cover and muddle-headed nonsense on the inside. With their typical flamboyance, on the cover they have an ashen looking Assad with the title "Hit him hard" and in the inside they do the usual Westcentric frolic by saying "Present the proof and then hit him hard. Punish him." So out in the open, you do the usual "Wolf! Wolf" thing and then on the inside, you do your western rationalist jugglery. This is what has always kept colonization alive. Speaking with two tongues.
Nothing that one says about Syria is going to change the minds of those in the other camp. Just as the missing WMDs did not change the minds of those who insisted that Baghdad should be bombed back to the Stone Age.
Ever been on the side of a losing political posture and felt the ground slip below your feet?Ever had no choice but to re-bottlebrazen west-supremacist hooch that colonizers from 100 years ago swooned over? Ever had to rely on staged "live reporting" by actors on rooftops with recorded automatic fire in the background, to make your case for the US and its vassal states to intervene in Syria? (see "Syria Danny" here http://friendsofsvria.wordpress.com/2013/09/01/cnn-caught-staRing-news-segments-on-syria-with-
actors/) Ever had to desperately seek Tomahawk assistance combined with Mossad black-ops and Saudi/Qatari grease-funding when your "liberation" wars are failing? Ever been in a situation where your upside down monkey-hanging position overlooking the crisis on the ground,from a comfortable branch up above, was getting too uncomfortable because the toxic fumes were now getting to your eyes and ears? Ever been inside the heads of articulate, overindulgent, humbugs like the late Hitchens and his cult followers, who found succor in demonizing the West's own monster creations-and then subsequently shared the podium, physically and intellectually, with the brigadiers of bumrush imperialism? Ever been inside the ever weakening, dodgy, mendacious talkativeness of folks who cry "liberty" and preach occupation, in the name of refugee relief? Ever had to stage manage an atrocious, criminal, false flag Chemical Weapons attack to justify the now fabled Western penchant for democratic intervention? Well, that is exactly where the supporters of the "Free Syrian Army" are at, at this juncture. Hanging upside down- desperately seeking the Mediterranean fleet to launch their 1.6 million apiece (364 are available) cruise missiles into Syria-to save the day for the FSA.Because all else has failed. And such an attack will do nothing other than "collateral damage" to the Syrian civilian population who are already on the run (over 2 million). All those who encourage such an eventuality would make Leopold II look like Little Lulu or Tubby. (They would rather be Leopold than be Lulu.)
On the other hand, there will be no WWIII if the United States sends its cruise missiles and hits Assad's palace or his Military command centers. The peaceniks can stop freaking out. The United States as a State does not have the political spleen to take out Syria, like they did in Libya by sheer carpet bombing (after slyly manipulating the Security Council). There will be no "back to the Middle Ages," as the Iranian Foreign Minister envisages, if the US strikes. There is only one way things can change. And the British and French, being the veteran colonialists, know the game well. Not by Tomahawks, not by Psy-ops, not by Manpads-which are the video-game fantasies of the retired intels and the arm-chair pundits. They will have to send in their Special Ops and assassinate the entire top brass and military of Assad, one by one, with appropriate assistance from Mossad. That will take a year and they are quite capable of it. Then things may change.There are no "just wars" in these times for the West and its allies. Only dirty ops.
The Syrian question has been converted into a "100,000 dead" propaganda factory, just as in many other genocides and holocausts in history, the key protagonists play the numbers game and convert genuine issues into factories for the mass production of distorted political propaganda or foisting imperial game plans through vassal states. It is always at the expense of other peoples. Yes, 100,000 people have been killed and the majority have been killed by the Assad regime with their superior armed forces bombarding rebel held towns and cities and yes, thousands of people have streamed across the border and created a humanitarian crisis. Just as the Pakistani Armed Forces killed and raped more than a million Bengalis and millions streamed across the border to India, but at that time the United States sent in their Sixth Fleet to the Bay of Bengal to intimidate the Indians in 1971, instead of reining in their ally Pakistan. Just similarly somewhat, as in the month of August 2013 (not so distant—but conveniently overlooked by the same anaesthetized "refugee relief" campaigners), one of the largest warships in the world, the USS Nimitz, docked in the Persian Gulf country of Bahrain. Why did they do that?
"The timing is instructive—pro-democracy protestors are preparing to demonstrate for human rights in the capital, Manama. The Nimitz, lead Flat-top of President Obama's Carrier Strike Group 11, rolled into harbor as if to say out loud: "The United States will not tolerate democracy in this island kingdom, home to the US Fifth Fleet. The USA supports the dictatorship installed here in the 18th century." (Afshin Rattansi is a journalist, author of "The Dream of the Decade—the London Novelshttp://www.amazon.com/The-Dream-Decade-London-Novels/dp/1419616862)
Are the Qatari/Bahraini Bum-Sheiks and The Saudi Tribal Goon-Princes the new normal for the West's Middle Eastern democratic strategy? The question for Syria though is, WHO is asking help from the United States and the Israelis, to dismember and carve up Syria and why? Let us take a look at the actors and the vectors.
Obama and an increasingly distraught looking Kerry say it is not regime change; it is not to destroy the chemical weapons and it is not to assist the remaining rebels who are either Al Qaeda or clued-out Ninja-Jihadists from Chechen, Yemen, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Libya, Turkey and God knows where else. Some have even claimed that they had come to Syria, via Turkey, as they were told they could "kill Jews there." It is not a question of crossing red lines or any line, because the Sarin gas that is being put in canisters, are made in a factory in Georgia, USA, shipped to Saudi Arabia and handed over to AI-Nusra (inadvertently of course) and other elements, without even informing them what is in it. (Seehttp://original. antiwar.com/dale-gavlak/2013/08/30/syrians-in-ghouta-claim-saudi-supplied-rebels-behind-chemical-attack) Who are these entities, the upside down monkeys, begging and pleading for western intervention in Syria? Of course there is the ubiquitous Prince Bandar, CIA thug from the Iran-Contra period, and greasy Pipeline-Sheikh for the Saudi regime. But that is not enough. There are the Merkels, the Camerons and the fabulous Socialists of France-all slave masters of the old colonies. But who else is pimping from the sidelines for this intervention? Yes, the monkey-preachers of Western Civ who have primped for years in front of fractured colonial mirrors, seeking ways to discredit any alternate discourse that they did not come up with themselves. They are all Prince Bandar's good buddies today.
The Syrian situation is NOT just one of humanitarian or refugee relief as much as there are thousands and thousands of Syrians fleeing the country and as much as there is a regime clinging to power there, whose record of atrocities against its own citizens is well documented. It is not a question of noble visions of bringing democracy in stages to the hapless Arabs who have had no exposure to such idealslThere is a long term geo-political strategy that is at work and the backers of such a strategy are neo-cons, neo-liberals, west-centric liberal democrats and effete socialists or simply the uninformed gangster-lumpen-intellectuals who have no allegiances, no affiliations, no commitments to social change but a penchant for provocative dialogue for the sake of dialogue itself- using obscure and very often staged reporting.
The Syria adventure has been in the making for years. It is not about oil. Not about gas. Not about democracy. Not for refugee relief and for sure not against the use of chemical weapons. It is a cynical campaign that uses all of the above as propaganda to colonize and lay down pipelines for gas to warm water ports. Because the control of Pipelines and access to warm water ports are fundamental to the Military Strategy of encirclement. And encirclement is the only way that the stocks of the military companies can rise exponentially.
Only Pathological West-Centric Liars Like to sell the "FSA" as liberators.
1. Many of the progressive groups who initiated the struggle against the Assad regime have been deftly sidelined and the Syrian National Council or the Free Syrian Army, whichever you choose, are simply temporary marionettes (never mind the cannibal performance on You Tube) in the hands of the hysterical Shia-hating Qatari/Saudi/Turkish enclave. And sitting behind a Machiavellian smokescreen or rather a one-way interrogation chamber window, are the smug Israelis. Where are the so-called moderates in the FSA? A major and dominating faction of the so-called rebels are an Al-Qaeda front—AI-Nusra (about 15,000 fighters mostly from nearby countries like Egypt, Libya, Sudan, Saudi, Qatar and Jordan but even from as far away as Chechnya, Afghanistan, Albania and Pakistan) and they have various grades of rogue fanatics in their fold (including imams who call for raping non-sunnis as a path to martyrdom). They want shoulder launched anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons. This would be a game changer, according to Western analysts and some pretend leftist groups in Europe and elsewhere. The only reason why the Obama regime has been dilly-dallying about open and direct support for the "rebels" is because they have not yet found their Chalabi (remember the articulate liar who planted stories about WMDs in Iraq) or a shady bureaucrat like El Baradei in Egypt.
2. Even Hassan Nasrallah of the Hezbollah recently recognized that this whole business of Muslims getting drawn into the anti-Soviet jihad in Afghanistan was not the greatest idea, after all. It was actually the biggest con job done on political Islam by the West. No practicing Sunni political leader would have the guts or the wherewithal to acknowledge this because if they did, they would immediately get their military funds cut off. No Arab ruler can survive a day if they get too loudmouthed about criticizing US geopolitical intent. That is why, the two non-Shias (Gadhafi and Saddam Hussein), despite their neurotic and despotic ways who saw through the politics of Empire and because they had oil and gas, could stand up on their own for a while were dispatched one after the other in a routine "war against terror" doctrine. Not because the US, the West and Israel are such fervent holy-rolling humanists and democrats, but because they are basically entrenched in the concept of the civilizational superiority of the Judeo-Christian, Anglo-Saxon Colonizing mindset.
3. Syria and Iran have been the next two on the list in the famous document that was sponsored in 2000 by Wolfowitz, Perle, Netanyahu and others (see list below). Participants in the Study Group on "A New Israeli Strategy Toward 2000" were-Richard Perle, American Enterprise Institute, Study Group Leader James Colbert, Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs Charles Fairbanks, Jr., Johns Hopkins University/SAIS Douglas Feith, Feith and Zell Associates Robert Loewenberg, President, Institute for Advanced Strategic and Political Studies Jonathan Torop, The Washington Institute for Near East Policy David Wurmser, Institute for Advanced Strategic and Political Studies Meyrav Wurmser, Johns Hopkins University and not too far behind were Cheney, Rumsfeld, Libby and the whole gamut of neocon warmongers like Fukuyama, Krauthammer etc who had their own documents in place as well for the "New American Century." The concerted plan for a pro-lsrael-neocon entente was put methodically in place in the nineties. Obama, as the front paw of the neo-liberal entente would like to relocate the vectors in 2013 with a swagger, rather than the dour shadiness of the neocons.
In 2007 General Wesley Clark in speeches and interviews recalled a conversation he had in 1991 with Paul Wolfowitz, in which Wolfowitz stated that the USA had 5 to 10 years to take out "those old Soviet client regimes; Iraq, Iran, Syria, before the next superpower comes along".
George Bush was not yet sold into this, but his somewhat smarter brother Jeb, Governor of Florida, was. The Florida vote count turnaround was actually a turning point in ensuring that the neo-con entente meant business. Bush then subsequently surrounded himself with Zionists: Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Perle, Bolton, Feith. These were the authors of the document called "A Clean Break" for then Prime Minister of lsrael,Benjamin Netanyahu. The document called for war on those nations named to Clark by Wolfowitzviz Iraq, Iran and Syria, plus one more, Lebanon-because of Hezbollah. Since then the entire Middle East or West Asia has been plagued by mysterious assassinations, black ops, false flag incidents, massive bombings, unresolved murders and poison gas attacks. Some of the authors of these documents also called for a "new Pearl Harbor" in order to go on a global warmongering rampage.
[http://www.thirdworldtraveler.com/New_World_Order/Proj_ New_ American _Century.html]
Well! 9/11 happened and the USA went to war.
The first nation the USA invaded was Afghanistan, where Osama bin Laden was hanging out.The green light to take Osama never happened. Opportunities were missed, while the media kept doing their Breaking News Bora! Bora! calisthenics. Bin Laden was never listed by the FBI as wanted explicitly for 9/11. In the summer of 2001 the Taliban were negotiating about transit pipelines, for which they wanted lots of money. The Taliban had also eradicated the opium crops which were a huge cash cow for the Anglo-American Establishment. The US knew that the Taliban knew where Ben Laden was. But they were still trying to negotiate with them. Bin Laden was never found(or rather outed) till Obama decided to take him out in Pakistan. So, the West will talk to anyone, will negotiate in the backrooms with anyone, prop up mindless terrorists wherever they can and then emerge out of the tent looking like Lawrence of Arabia!
Next was Iraq. And we all know how the WMD issue was cooked up.Colin Powell did a ppt presentation with Lego models and old satellite pics of milk trucks looking like weapons silos. Saddam Husaain was ultimately hanged. And Iraq is now in absolute chaos and mass killings are endemic-almost 50-100 people get killed on a daily basis—while Halliburton and others have secured the bulk of billions of dollars of Oil contracts.
In February 2005 the former Prime Minister of Lebanon Rafik Hariri was blown up in Beirut. [See again http://thetruthserumblog.blogspot.ca/2013/05/why-seamus-milne-is-dead-wrong.html] Syrian intelligence was definitely implicated. After all they have been in Lebanon now for thirty years. Not as a Shia military force, but as a welcome deterrent to the Israelis. After all, the Israelis have occupied more foreign territory than any other nation in the ME. A "Cedar Revolution" was stage managed to force Syria to withdraw from Lebanon, which it did. This left Hezbollah's flank exposed. So in 2006 Israel sent in some IDF into an area known to be occupied by Hezbollah. [See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Maroun_al-Ras] The IDF were taken out and Israel knew this (as recently admitted by Olmert) but they acted like Hezbollah were holding the troops hostage. This gave Israel the excuse to wage war on Hezbollah. But despite its enormous military machine and powerful friends, Israel lost that war. Hundreds of innocent Lebanese, including children lost their lives.
There were numerous attempts to get at Iran. The whole world is now incrementally educated about the spin velocities of centrifuges and the concentration chemistry of Uranium. Nowhere are people discussing Iran going Nuclear anymore. Because that entire news item was a plant and it fizzled out despite the best efforts of the CNN spin machine.
Next in line was Gaddafi. So in 2011, with the assistance of Special Forces of Qatar and the UK, the ninja salafi warriors were transported into Libya to get Gaddafi. Gaddafi had been an ally of the NATO powers; he collaborated with MI6 and gave names of suspected al Qaeda in Libya; Blair went public, hugging the Colonel and describing him as "off list". Bush followed suit. Several suspects were renditioned to Libya for torture; Gaddafi gave up his Nuclear and WMD program. Instead he invested billions in The City of London. Meanwhile, the Saudi sponsored Salafis were having a hard time in Libya, so NATO initiated the Gaddafi campaign soon after. Russia and China got duped on the "no fly" resolution and NATO carpet bombed Libya till the Ninja Jihadis, assisted by British Special Forces, as revealed by the BBC, entered Tripoli and killed him inside a pipe on the roadside. So, far the "Clean Break" document was in acceleration mode. One by one, countries on the list were being invaded, occupied, dissected and abandoned.
The Jihadis were then transported to Syria via Turkey, and led to believe that they were in Israel to kill Jews. In Syria these NATO-proxy cutthroat Jihadi terrorist scum have been committing atrocity after atrocity after atrocity, forcing children to cut the heads off defenseless unarmed prisoners, throwing Assad-supporting civilians out of windows and off buildings, and generally committing massacres when politically expedient.
4. The US Congress acts only at the behest of AIPAC and Israel. This whole issue had come to a boil recently and Americans were realizing more and more how true it was. Besides the Boycott Divest Sanction campaign was winning one battle after another. So some very carefully engineered politics in the ME has now drawn away from this and re-foisted the issue of liberty, humanism and a racist hatred of "Arab dictators" as the new point of interest. As if these dictators are any different from let's say Syngman Rhee, Suharto, Somoza, Noriega, Shah of Iran, Videla, Pinochet, Franco, Marcos, Rios Mont, Botha, Verwoerd and the whole gamut of ruthless fascist dictators that the West has continuously propped up and staged coup after coup in support of.
5. Syria is NOT about Gas, oil or human rights. It is about PIPELINES. Pipelines are crucial. They must reach a Warm water port for export. The Caspian basin is crucial. Both China, India and Europe are strapped for oil and gas. The pipeline cannot easily be built on land through war zones like Afghanistan for Karachi or become prey to sabotage and disruption in possible wars between contentious regimes in the ME.There were TWO proposals for pipelines in this region. In the summer of 2011, just weeks after civil war broke out in Syria, the Tehran Times released a report entitled—Iran, Iraq, Syria Sign Major Gas Pipeline Deal. The report provided details on how Iran planned to export its vast natural gas reserves to Europe through a pipeline that traversed both Iraq and Syria. This Iran-Iraq-Syria pipeline would be the largest gas pipeline in the Middle East and would span from Iran's gas-rich South Pars field to the Mediterranean coastline in Lebanon, via Iraq and Syria.But the pipeline won't stop there. The agreement called for the construction of an underwater pipeline under the Mediterranean Sea stretching from Lebanon to Greece to deliver Iranian gas to energy-hungry European nations. The 6,000 kilometer pipeline, which has a massive price tag of $10 billion, would have an estimated capacity of 100-120 million cubic feet of gas per day with a projected completion date sometime near 2018. As of this writing, the construction of this proposed pipeline has not begun and the question of who will finance the project has not been addressed. However, in July 2013, leaders from Syria, Iran, and Iraq met to sign a preliminary agreement on the pipeline with the hopes of finalizing the deal by the end of the year. That got Saudi Prince Bandar's knickers in a knot. Like her Turkish neighbor, Syria's geographic location on the Mediterranean Sea makes it an obvious export center for landlocked oil producers within the greater Middle East seeking to export their oil and gas reserves to European markets. For this reason, Syria's strategic location, and its warm water port on the Mediterranean, have placed it near the center of a major effort by Western nations to pump cheap Middle East gas supplies to Europe and beyond.
6. Needless to say the Saudis, the Qataris, THE US and Israel and Turkey were opposed to this Pipeline, because they had plans for an alternate Arab Gas pipeline . Prince Bandar was audacious enough to tell the Russians not to back the Iran-Iraq-Syria pipeline and in return he would give the Russians cheap gas and a ten billion dollar package. The Russians spurned it, because they understood by now, where all this was headed. This is when the Syrian "Spring" became an AI-Qaeda winter. Plans that were already in place, which included British Special Ops and Qatari trainees swung into action and billions of dollars were rolled out for infiltrating Syria through Turkey.
As the world waits to see how Obama, the Butler in the White House, pulls off his cavort—let us remember that the entire Syria episode (irrespective of how these Arab nations have replaced one nasty dictator with another, one after the other) was scripted several years ago, not because there was a humanitarian crisis, but because the neocon-neoliberal entente had it on their colonial sights to rule this region by any means necessary.
Vol. 46, No. 11, Sep 22 - 28, 2013
Your Comment if any